Data Protection & Privacy Associate
About this Opportunity
This position will support the efforts of the Privacy Office to ensure DTCC's adherence to regulatory and legal data privacy requirements, supporting all lines of businesses and across all functional areas of DTCC and its companies globally.
Business Unit: Counsel's Office
The General Counsel's Office is a valued, trusted and responsive partner within DTCC. The team promotes and protects the best interests of the DTCC family of companies by creating and facilitating solutions and providing guidance on legal and regulatory matters.
What You'll Do
- Monitor daily data leakage prevention system to prevent the loss of personal data.
- Assist in the maintenance of DTCC's privacy inventory of data and processing activities.
- Manage and respond to inquiries received in the privacy mailbox and provide consultation or guidance as needed
- Perform privacy vendor evaluations to assess privacy risks and practices associated with the onboarding of third parties.
- Liaise with business lines to identify privacy risk areas and determine appropriate privacy controls to limit privacy risks to new projects, cloud hosing initiatives and/or special projects.
- Draft and/or maintain DTCC privacy policies, procedures and guidelines as needed. Assist other business lines with policies that may have an impact to individual's privacy (e.g., employee handbook, technology usage, social media policy, etc.)
- Keep abreast of and maintain a current understanding of global data privacy laws and regulatory requirements that apply to DTCC and its companies.
- Assist in the review of changes to applicable laws and regulations and interpretation of impact to DTCC and its companies.
- Assist with annual privacy training and ongoing awareness program
- Assist with data breach investigations impacting data privacy and/or client confidentiality
- Support other daily program elements as needed
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top