Application Support Engineer
- Chennai, India
About this Opportunity
Enterprise Application Support (EAS) provides centralized application and infrastructure support for all critical business applications and infrastructure support.
The Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for providing technical support of all the application. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
What You'll Do
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC's production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC's production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- API Technologies - Google Apigee, Rest API, JSON, JWT, OAuth
- Open source Technologies - Casandra, Zookeeper, Postgres, PostgresSQL, OpenLDAP, Qpid
- Middleware application administration/Support - WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, MQ
- Platform - Red hat Linux, Windows
- Knowledge on Java technologies, AWS cloud, Clustering, Load balancing, Autosys, SSO, SAML
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top