About this Opportunity
The Agile Center of Excellence (CoE) develops, supports, and maintains Agile processes and best practices across the enterprise. We provide agile coaching, training, and guidance to foster agile maturity. Through the administration of agile metrics and maturity assessments, we help shape the organization in developing behaviors that support agile at the enterprise level and provide a platform for continuous learning and improvement.
The Agile Coach is responsible for coaching other Agile Coaches and/or experienced Scrum Masters within a Tribe to raise their level of mastery and is focused on maturing the Agile Coaching competency through a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring professional growth in the practice of agile. An Agile Coach will collaborate with other Agile Coaches in support of the overall Business Unit. Agile Coaches may participate in agile ceremonies and rituals across many Squads within their Tribe to support the health of the Agile system. S/he may also coach key stakeholders within the Tribe. An Agile Coach may also contribute to a Squad as a Squad member depending on the workload.
- Teaches, mentors and improves Agile practices across the Tribe.
- Coach and trains senior leadership on Agile concepts and principles, and coach leadership teams to build, grow, support and sustain thriving Agile Tribes.
- Build expertise in the agile discipline by coaching multiple Agile Coaches and/or Scrum Masters.
- Coordinate performance evaluations via 360-degree feedback for the Tribe's Agile Coaches.
- Co-create development plans for Agile Coaches at varying levels of Agile Coaching mastery.
- Define and ensure consistent agile standards and best practices in alignment with the Agile Coach Chapter Lead's vision. Looks for ways to strengthen the Tribe's understanding of Agile and inter Squad/Tribe collaboration.
- Coaches and trains senior leadership on Agile concepts and principles in support of the Tribe
- Brings transparency to the Tribe about development and grows trust.
- Is the health monitor of the collective Tribe: checking that commitments, pace and quality are on track.
- Identifies trade-offs between short and long-term benefits to drive shared vision across the Tribe.
- Recognize failure, recovery, and success modes in coaching style and make real-time adjustments.
- Act as mediator to resolve conflicts in the Squad and/or across Tribes before they escalate.
- Fosters a continuous learning environment helping Squads to inspect & adapt, creating an atmosphere of trust and comfortable/efficient work environment. Be open to new (other people's) ideas and have a desire to develop them together with the Squad, advocating for the best possible solution.
- Participation in Agile Industry activities and groups, organize events (theme meetings, lunch and learns, etc.).
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
Sound Like You?
- 5+ years of experience and recognized reputation of a business expert or technical expert in all flavors of the Agile methodology, e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban
- Significant experience acting as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach in a fast-moving tech environment with experience leading large-scale software delivery and/or Agile transformation at scale in large enterprise organizations; preferably in IT or "tech-first" organizations
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior Agile Coaches to raise their level of mastery
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- Holder of strong and evolving leadership skills with experience teaching/mentoring others and driving team performance to deliver quality solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to empathize and relate with those new to the Agile methodology, understanding people / teams in various stages of Agile maturity
- Scrum Master certification (or equivalent) is a plus.
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We're also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
At DTCC we value our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. For more information, go to www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook.
Back to top