Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together and collaborate. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of users globally.
Role and impact
At Dropbox, brand is central to everything we do. Our technology may be complex, but interacting with it is delightfully easy. Our Brand Team champions the intangible factors that bring happiness and a feeling of magic to Dropbox users. The team is always pushing to find new ways to connect emotionally, build trust, and build positive relationships with our customers.
We are seeking a Visual Designer for our Design Systems team to help elevate our visual brand within our product experience. The Design Systems team helps product teams at Dropbox build better, more consistent user experiences by developing reusable components and patterns, and by creating processes and tools to make our design systems easy to use. This team is still nascent, so it's an opportunity to define team culture and have huge impact.
You will closely partner with both Brand and Product teams to refine, expand, and systematize our brand expression. Your role will be pivotal in maintaining our brand guidelines across multiple platforms, and critiquing deliverables with an eye for detail and consistency.
- Elevate and evolve the Dropbox brand across multiple platforms, including web and core product experiences
- Handle the application of our style guidelines to ensure consistency across platforms. You are able to both work within and expand the Dropbox style
- Design sophisticated visuals, from concept to execution
- Collaborate efficiently with brand, product design, and engineering to successfully implement work
- 4+ years of relevant experience working at an agency or in-house
- A strong portfolio showcasing UI experience across multiple platforms (web, desktop, mobile)
- Ability to translate design systems across multiple platforms
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Engage in brainstorming sessions and constructive design critiques
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback
- Able to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected
- Foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners
- Strong attention to detail.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top