UX Writing Intern (Summer 2020)
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We're looking for people who want to learn about writing in-product copy through hands-on experience. You'll join our San Francisco design team and write for tools that help creative people do amazing work. We've got a lot of projects across web, desktop, and mobile lined up.
- Embed directly in one of our teams, working closely with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and other writers
- Write the words that appear inside our products, like buttons and other UI
- Craft messaging for end-to-end experiences, like sign-up flows
- Develop a content strategy to support your word choices
- Give and get feedback from other teams
- Speak about and present your work
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree (graduating in/after Dec 2020) in Content Strategy, Information Science, Journalism, English, Communications, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical Writing, or other relevant field; or have equivalent work experience with User Experience, Product, or Design teams
- Curiosity about pursuing a career in UX writing
- Clear presentation and communication style
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with others
- Writing samples (bonus if they demonstrate an understanding of writing for the web); please submit with your application
- Passionate about punctuation and partial to puns (affection for alliteration is optional)
- Bonus: coursework (university-affiliated or otherwise) in user experience or content strategy
- Bonus: familiarity with design tools like Figma
- We'll ask qualified candidates to submit a take-home exercise
This opportunity is based in our San Francisco Headquarters.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top