Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people’s lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative design process.
Your role and impact
The Dropbox design team is looking for a UX writer to create copy that's straightforward, helpful, and human. You’ll join our small group of UX writers and add to each stage of the product development process—from exploration through implementation. On a typical day, you’ll give and get feedback in design and content critiques, observe user research, and iterate on interface copy.
Writers at Dropbox are always asking "could this be clearer?" and "could this be shorter?" We love working through complex problems and finding a way to get to simple. We’re constantly refining our craft and our process too, shaping the way we work together across disciplines to create a wonderful user experience.
- Write and edit UX copy in the Dropbox voice and tone
- Advocate for users while understanding product and business goals
- Provide feedback on writing and design
- Maintain and develop Dropbox style guides
- Build and scale editorial processes
- More than five years of professional experience as a writer, ideally with two years of UI/UX experience
- A portfolio of relevant writing work (*please attach samples as a cover letter, or provide a link to your portfolio)
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and product managers
- A gift for giving and receiving feedback with clarity and empathy
- Demonstrated ability to write in a company's voice in different contexts
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at the same time
- Passionate about punctuation and partial to puns (affection for alliteration is optional)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top