Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Mobile development at Dropbox happens in a decentralized, distributed fashion. The Mobile Platform team is, in many ways, the central glue that keeps everyone working together. We work with internal customers (Engineers, Engineering Managers and Product Managers) to make sure we build components, tooling and process that work for Dropbox's scale. Working in the Mobile Platform team, you would enable Dropbox Product Engineers to build mobile features and functionalities that are used by millions of users every day. We focus on making it easier, faster and safer to develop and ship Dropbox Mobile products.
- You will build the next generation of mobile build and release toolchain to ensure Dropbox mobile applications can be rapidly and safely delivered to our customers.
- You will collaborate closely with teams across Dropbox to understand and build what is needed to enable a delightful mobile developer experience.
- You will ensure that our mobile development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product teams
- You will take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- You will improve the team and company - you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver client applications at scale
- Build and release engineering experience building tools that enable fellow developers is a huge plus
- Bazel, Buck or Gradle experience is a plus
- Python experience is a plus
- Strong systems engineering background is a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top