Technical Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
ITS delivers business technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We aspire to be the connective tissue to the core business of Dropbox as a partner of choice that accelerates and simplifies outcomes. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
The role consists of being a technical program manager across a broad set of transformative IT initiatives. This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate will be able to define the work as well as dive in and do the work. You will also be responsible for understanding the strategic objectives, drive planning, assess risks and challenges, develop comprehensive project plans, drive multiple work streams and secure the necessary resources (internal and external) to make it happen.
You will be the technical program manager with exceptional project and program management skills responsible for several transformational and high impact, strategic initiatives that will enable ITS to scale (e.g. implement strategies to manage our SaaS Portfolio at Scale, implement Enterprise Service Management). You will partner cross-functionally across Dropbox with business and technical stakeholders and teams to ensure successful and timely outcomes.
Due to the strategic nature of this role, it will be possible you will be the TPM managing projects that support Dropbox's M&A activity.
A Successful Candidate Will...
Operate effectively with teams and executive management and be comfortable leading, negotiating and influencing without authority. You have strong planning and organizational skills, broad understanding of information technologies and business systems, knowledge of business functional areas and exceptional collaboration and communication skills. You are strategic and see the big picture while also being tactical managing the details, understand interdependencies and constraints between systems and processes, and able to drive a project from start-to-end.
- Manage and lead ITS strategic initiatives that will include occasional M&A integration efforts.
- Build and foster positive relationships with executives and their management teams (technical and business).
- Be a change agent by leading and championing change management and transformation efforts.
- Domestic and international travel required as needed.
- 10+ years program and project management on large-scale implementation and integration projects.
- Domain knowledge of SaaS systems, managing SaaS proliferation and governance.
- Managing IT Risk & Governance programs in the high-tech space.
- Ability to quickly synthesize large amounts of information into actionable plans.
- Ability to rally resources to execute and deliver under critical timelines.
- Experience with implementing enterprises solutions preferred.
- Experience at a top tier management consulting firm supporting acquisitions and divestitures is a plus.
- Minimum undergraduate from an accredited university or college.
- PMP and ITIL certified preferred.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top