Technical Program Manager - Location Flexible
- San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is seeking an exceptional Technical Program Manager to manage multiple programs and projects for the Strategic Programs and Initiatives Team. This is a new, challenging, and highly visible position. Strategic Programs and Initiatives TPMs are responsible for much of the heavy lifting on projects to ensure that our large scale projects are run efficiently and effectively.
- You will be responsible for identifying stakeholders, driving to set roadmaps and strategies for the program, driving delivery, reporting status, and holding the bar on product quality. At Dropbox, TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management.
- You will need to work with many different domain resources from Product Managers, Engineers, Engineering Managers, UX Designers, Product Marketing, User Researchers, Product Analysts, Growth, Legal, etc.
- Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of product design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership and customers. Your technical acumen and operational excellence will influence the team decisions and drive secure and robust solutions which have great customer experience.
- 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent years of work experience running technical programs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
- Experience with managing large cross-functional projects with technical depth
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top