Strategy & Operations Leader, Business Development
- San Francisco, CA
Thank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Development team builds and manages a global partner ecosystem. With a passion for agile, data-based decision-making, we work to establish product, commercial, and strategic partnerships that help Dropbox and its partners grow.
Reporting into the VP of Business Development, the Strategy & Operations Leader will play a crucial role in defining the strategy of a global partnerships organization and ensuring its operational excellence. You will be responsible for driving critical business processes, setting clear objectives, and partnering closely with the VP of Business Development to execute on strategic initiatives. You will play an integral role in ensuring the Business Development team achieves its ambitious goals at a time when partnerships are more important to Dropbox's success than ever before. You will gain substantial exposure to senior leadership (including the Dropbox BoD and the C-Suite), gain a deep understanding of Dropbox product and growth strategies, and become well acquainted with the operations of running a world class Business Development Organization!
- Ensure operational excellence of the Business Development team by driving annual and quarterly planning, monthly business reviews (MBRs), and other crucial processes to run the business
- Serve as thought-partner and confidant to the VP of Business Development. Partner with him to execute on C-suite mandated strategic projects, present to leadership teams, and communicate the value of partnerships across the organization
- Manage BD leadership and team meetings, orchestrate bi-annual team-wide on-sites, and foster a sense of cohesion within the team
- Find opportunities for BD to advance the goals of other teams and work-cross functionally to secure partner inclusion in these initiatives
- Drive strategy for the team by producing core foundational documents and plans, such as inputs for the Product Strategy Refresh
- Analyze market trends, product usage data, and customer requests to prioritize resourcing for partnerships and integrations
- Develop content for key executive work streams, such as earnings call, leadership off-sites, and other executive asks
- 7+ years of work experience in Business Strategy; Operations
- Top MBA and/or strategy consulting experience a plus
- Demonstrated history of owning and delivering cross-functional projects end-to-end
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Capable of solving complex business problems
- Ability to synthesize data and make compelling executive recommendations
Back to top