Staff Software Engineer
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
At Dropbox's office in Israel, we're a team of talented engineers, building innovative solutions that make the core Dropbox offering available to businesses of all sizes! You'll be working on projects that interact with systems that are at the heart of the Dropbox offering such as the file system and sharing modules. In addition to making an impact on our products and hundreds of millions of users, you'll partake in the cultural foundation of Dropbox's growing presence in Israel.
We're looking for an experienced individual who will serve as an architect for 2 or more teams in the Management & Control area of the Dropbox Enterprise Line of Business. You will be required to guide, lead and closely work with Tech Leads on the team. You will be accountable for the design, architecture, quality and measurability of the systems on which they're in charge of.
You will be required to demonstrate great versatility across different levels of scope. Being able to determine correctness of design based on experience is key to conduct the role in a successful manner. Experience in high scale with respect to users and data is critical here.
Responsibilities include review and creation of the design, architecture as well as ownership on quality, measurability and maintainability for the following projects:
- Security: Build the features that inform IT Admins of security related alerts that get triggered due to suspicious activity in their Dropbox account. The team is responsible for building the data models, alerting infrastructure and remediation methods to make the features useful for the customer.
- Deployments: This team is in charge of removing any friction from the IT person when it comes to getting Dropbox up and running on their organization. This team faces great challenges when it comes to migrating data and streamlining app installs.
- 15+ years of work related industry experience
- Strong engineering skills and CS fundamentals
- Great communication skills - able to convey design, architecture and project plan in a clear, concise manner.
- Proven ability to design complex solutions and drive design reviews
- Proven coding skills (for code and design reviews as well as some coding 20%-30% of time).
- Have significant and diverse experience with data stores
- Possess profound understanding of data storing, including, but not limited to:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of complex backend architectures and their core pieces, such as:
- Service models
- Should have a consistent track record of driving large-scale projects including:
- Defining success criteria and DoD
- Full planning from milestones to tasks
- Dependency management
- Thrives in open or ambiguous environments
- Great attitude towards work and people
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
Back to top