Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
We are currently hiring for the following teams:
Desktop Collaboration: This team helps modernize our desktop UI, strengthen our desktop sharing model, and strengthen the foundation of our desktop editor workflows. The QA Engineer in this role would primarily drive testing of front-end and back-end desktop features.
Partner Integrations: This team primarily focuses on building product integrations with Dropbox’s main strategic partners, including Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, and others. The QA Engineer in this role would primarily drive testing of front-end and back-end features across multiple platforms (desktop, web, mobile).
Paper: Dropbox Paper is a new Dropbox product that simplifies the way teams create, give feedback, and organize ideas. Its innovative, real-time editor, rich feedback features, and collaborative organization have made it an essential productivity tool for a growing number of teams. The QA Engineer in this role would primarily drive testing of web front-end features.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a specific Engineering team at Dropbox to maintain a high level of quality in the product with a large amount of scope and impact within your role. At Dropbox, we believe that quality is the responsibility of the entire group that creates the product. Our Quality Assurance team is a small, highly-skilled group that works closely with Engineering and Product to help them do their best work and build software that delights our users.
* You will ensure that Dropbox software is awesome and high-quality
* Build product test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
* Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
* Help educate others in Engineering and Product on testing and QA; work with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
* Work with engineering to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
* Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage (optional and time permitting)
* You have at least 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance
* You are passionate about the field of Quality Assurance and excited to grow and develop a career within QA
* You have a general facility with technology, and you are able to learn new technologies quickly
* You use excellent communication skills
* You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team
* You have a dedication to quality with a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
* You are extremely self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
* Project leadership experience in QA strongly preferred
* Programming experience, especially in a professional setting, a plus
* Unlimited Dropbox space for life
* Market competitive total compensation package
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401K + company match
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top