Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there's a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a specific Engineering team at Dropbox to maintain a high level of quality in the product with a large amount of scope and impact within your role. At Dropbox, we believe that quality is the responsibility of the entire group that creates the product. Our Quality Assurance team is a small, highly-skilled group that works closely with Engineering and Product to help them do their best work and build software that delights our users.
- You will ensure that Dropbox software is awesome and high-quality
- Build product test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Help educate others in Engineering and Product on testing and QA; work with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Work with engineering to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage (optional and time permitting)
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance
- You are passionate about the field of Quality Assurance and excited to grow and develop a career within QA
- You have a general facility with technology, and you are able to learn new technologies quickly
- You use excellent communication skills
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team
- You have a dedication to quality with a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- You are extremely self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- Project leadership experience in QA strongly preferred
- Programming experience, especially in a professional setting, a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top