Software Engineer, Web Performance
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is seeking an exceptional, senior web engineer to join our Application Performance team whose charter is to empower teams to build high performance client applications across our web, mobile and desktop platforms. This team is responsible for building libraries, tooling and services targeted at enabling and maintaining a high bar of performance for all of our applications. This role will be empowered to roll up their sleeves to address performance bottlenecks as well as to partner closely with teams on projects to improve performance. In addition, we expect this role to be an advocate and mentor for performance and to establish best practices, guidelines and processes to empower teams to own and optimize performance.
This role will have direct, high impact on the experience of all of our users accessing Dropbox from our web, mobile and desktop applications.
- You will analyze and optimize code across the full stack, with an emphasis on the client side
- You will provide consultative and hands-on support for teams as they diagnose performance issues
- You will develop infrastructure to measure and optimize code performance in the browser
- You will identify and invest in tooling and automation to empower teams to analyze and address performance bottlenecks as early as possible in the development lifecycle
- You will establish a center of expertise, best practices and documentation for web performance
- You will own key performance metrics and the processes used to maintain them
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proven track record of profiling browser code and tuning web applications at scale
- Experience with modern web technologies such as React or Wasm
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top