Software Engineer University Grad - 2018
We have new grad openings in San Francisco, Seattle and New York! Apply to this role if you're interested in any of these offices, and we'll work together to identify the best team for you.
The new grad engineering position at Dropbox is a role that blends learning with impact. You will take ownership of impactful projects from day one - yes you'll commit code on your first day, and the learning never ceases. Whether you're learning during our on-boarding program, working with your assigned mentor, lead and other experienced engineers on your team or attending company-wide developmental events & programs, you're sure to gain knowledge and experience that will set you up for success.
Have you always been the type of person who wonders how things work? Do you continue to look for a better, more efficient way to build things? Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and supporting you during the iterative development process. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release reaches hundreds of millions of people, and the user-to-engineer and petabyte-to-engineer ratio are very high here.
As a new grad, there are many different types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on. Here are some of the things you might do:
- Product Engineering - Build delightful full-stack user experiences that solve real customer needs and drive tons of $$ for Dropbox - across backend, api, desktop, mobile and web.
- Infrastructure Engineering - Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Analytics Engineering - Measure, optimize and build one of the industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meanings from vast amounts of data. Our analytics platform processes more data than many other analytics companies combined.
- Mobile Engineering - you are an Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++ wizard - this team knows the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK and can weave and bend the API's to their will to craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices. They also build the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Web engineering - You're responsible for our website - dropbox.com and paper.dropbox.com. Our Web developers do everything product engineers do, but they're deeply focused and interested in building a fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experience for the modern web, using cutting-edge tools like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Security Engineering - People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You're a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. By the way, interest in the shadowy computer underworld is a definite plus. Security engineers consult with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- Computer Science (or similar) students graduating in 2018 from Undergraduate, Master's or Ph.D. programs.
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we'd love to learn more about you.
Your comfort and well-being matter. Below are some programs and offerings that you can opt into:
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Generous compensation package
- Monthly Wellness allowance
- Amazing vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Free Dropbox storage space for your friends and family
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Below please include a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox may communicate effectively with you.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top