Software Engineer - UI
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
Do you want to come help us build a world-class user experience on products like Dropbox? We’re looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable – and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build. Our user interface engineers are the people responsible for building, polishing, and delivering those experiences.
We’ve got an incredible team with some of the best designers and engineers in the world. If you love building out pixel-perfect, beautifully executed, intuitive UI, and want to work with people who feel the same way you do, let’s talk!
- Build world-class user experiences
- Engineer the libraries and frameworks that power our front-end stack
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work cross-functionally across design and engineering to polish the product experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- A desire to build well-engineered reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Experience and ability to build working UI quickly
- Great attitude towards work and people
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
- Focus on quality, sweating the details, and delighting our users
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- You love making things beautiful, and you have a strong understanding of usability and visual design
- You want to work on a team of the world's best software designers and engineers, building a product that you use every day!
- Experience with building accessible products is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top