Software Engineer - Test Infrastructure
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
The Dropbox Desktop Platform Test Infrastructure team is building out a suite of highly reliable, end-to-end automated test frameworks in support of Dropbox’s core desktop file-sync-and-share application.
This is a very complex problem. Not only do we need to craft robust solutions to notoriously problematic testing challenges like non-flaky UI validation and complex concurrency and networking scenarios, we have the added challenge of implementing and supporting these solutions across the 17 OS versions the desktop client supports spanning Windows, OSX, and Linux. All while building intuitive testing abstractions that allow test writers to focus on the specific scenarios they care about and not working around the test framework itself.
As a Software Engineer on Test Infrastructure, you will act as a force-multiplier for desktop client development; building out stable, delightful, cross-platform test infrastructure enabling your peers to create fast, reliable, high-signal automated tests for their features. You will apply your years of experience architecting great frameworks and developer APIs to build next-generation product validation strategies.
While there are many off-the-shelf test frameworks and infrastructure, many of those solutions fall over at our scale and complexity. We are building the core validation scaffolding for all future desktop client development. Come join us!
- You will craft, document, and maintain super-reliable and fast automation tooling and frameworks.
- Build out test guard rails for feature teams working on the desktop client to quickly and safely build new features on top of complex legacy code.
- You will evangelize best processes around automated testing, CI, and release processes.
- Drive the bar for software quality at Dropbox.
- Bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience is required for this role.
- You have strong skill with one or more general purpose programming languages; Python experience highly desired.
- Real passion for fast, reliable, high-signal test automation.
- You have experience extending, and ideally architecting, test harnesses and frameworks.
- General development experience acceptable; specialized testing experience (UI automation, performance benchmarking, stress/fuzz testing, etc) highly desired.
- Desktop or mobile development experience preferred.
- You use excellent communication skills and have a positive, collaborative attitude.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top