Software Engineer - Security Generalist
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
We're looking for Software Generalists who are passionate about building end to end software solutions that impact millions of users. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're all about shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture. If you have an entrepreneurial driven mindset and are interested in infrastructure, security or product engineering we want to hear from you!
- Build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections.
- Design software that scales over millions of users and data.
- You will evangelize secure coding practices across all engineering teams.
- You'll work on new product features to make Dropbox users and data more secure.
- You'll be involved with every aspect of engineering here at Dropbox and drive end to end solutions.
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years of industry experience in Infrastructure, Security, or Product engineering.
- You are independent and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You use excellent communication skills, on both technical and non-technical issues.
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, Latinx, Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Ruchi broadens the Dropbox infrastructure by directing an Engineering Team that builds cutting-edge services, keeping users coming back for more. She also brainstorms products that benefit users.
Back to top