Software Engineer - Product Infrastructure
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Dropbox Paper is a real-time collaborative editor designed for people who work together. It is currently in beta, and the Paper team is working on preparing the product and infrastructure for a broader launch. The engineering team is split between San Francisco and New York, with the New York team focusing especially on building the infrastructure that underpins the product as a whole.
Your role and impact
The New York City office has a small, talented team working on scaling the infrastructure for Dropbox Paper, ensuring that it remains performant and reliable as the system grows. We are a tight-knit and growing office, and every engineer has the opportunity to have great technical and cultural influence as the team grows.
- You will scale our data storage layer to meet the requirements of millions of simultaneous users.
- Design and own major architectural components and systems of the Dropbox Paper backend, so you can ensure that our users' most important data is available at a moment's notice.
- You'll help evolve our backend infrastructure to meet expectations for our most demanding business customers.
- You will be part of a team committed to operational excellence, placing users first.
- We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate with you, and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our New York office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top