Software Engineer - OS X
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
The desktop client is at the heart of the Dropbox experience. Our team is responsible for the application that runs on all the desktop platforms. We make sure the the desktop app is secure, robust, delightful, and seamlessly integrated within the operating system. Our team spans the full stack, from UI to sync engine to network. We are working on exciting new features for better sharing and collaboration, improved performance, and a great native experience. Come join us, and have an impact building out an application that millions of users depend on every day.
- You will build cross-platform desktop client features and infrastructure
- You will tackle tough engineering and product problems at the core of Dropbox sync
- You will craft new ideas with our Product and Design teams to continuously improve on the experience
- You will take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- You have expertise in OS X platforms with excellent knowledge of system internals (10.5 to present)
- You have strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- You have the ability to evaluate new and existing Apple technologies and you can make recommendations for application improvements
- You use your eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- You have enthusiasm for building features and infrastructure on all desktop operating systems
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top