Software Engineer - New York
As an early member of Dropbox NYC Engineering, you'll have the unique opportunity to build critical product features and infrastructure while shaping the direction of the team and the office. Find out how you can help below.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create a harmonious culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises dataintegrityor security. Every Dropbox software releaseimprovesmillionsof lives,and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're daring when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel.Wecaredeeplyabout collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect aredeeplyrooted in our engineering culture.
- Help millions of businesses around the world who run on Dropbox, from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies. You can build Dropbox Business to help teams be more productive
- Build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Create a platform that is the fabric connecting over 100 thousand of the world's apps, devices, and services. Redefine "sync" for a mobile era (see the inaugural DBX conference for more)
- You will measure, optimize, and build one of industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- Craft the data and networking layers that enable rapid product innovation across Android, iOS, and mobile web
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. For example, on OS X we had to reverse-engineer the Finder to show current file sync status, and on Android and iOS we‰'ve optimized JSON parsing and have built custom bitmap caches to present lightning-fast views of tens of thousands of photos.
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploader and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our New York office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- Bachelor degree orequivalentis required for this role.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top