Software Engineer - New York
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
The New York City office has a small, talented team that works on impactful projects that are essential to Dropbox’s success. As an early member of Dropbox NYC Engineering, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical product features and infrastructure while shaping the direction of the team and the office. Find out how you can help below.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create a harmonious culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're daring when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
- Help millions of businesses around the world who run on Dropbox, from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies. You can build Dropbox Business to help teams be more productive
- Build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Create a platform that is the fabric connecting over 100 thousand of the world's apps, devices, and services. Redefine "sync" for a mobile era (see the inaugural DBX conference for more)
- You will measure, optimize, and build one of industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- Craft the data and networking layers that enable rapid product innovation across Android, iOS, and mobile web
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. For example, on OS X we had to reverse-engineer the Finder to show current file sync status, and on Android and iOS we‰'ve optimized JSON parsing and have built custom bitmap caches to present lightning-fast views of tens of thousands of photos.
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploader and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our New York office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Ruchi broadens the Dropbox infrastructure by directing an Engineering Team that builds cutting-edge services, keeping users coming back for more. She also brainstorms products that benefit users.
Back to top