Software Engineer - Mobile Platform (iOS)
The Mobile Platform team has substantial impact on Dropbox mobile product development with a focus on making it easier, faster and safer to develop and ship mobile products.
Mobile development at Dropbox happens in a decentralized, distributed fashion. The Mobile Platform team is, in many ways, the central glue that keeps everyone working together. We work with internal customers(engineers, engineering managers and product managers) to make sure we buildcomponents,tooling and process that work for Dropbox's scale.
- Build the next generation ofmobileapplication frameworksandcommon componentstomake shippingbest in class mobile softwareas easy as possible.
- Collaborate closely with teams across Dropbox to understand and build what is needed to enablea delightfulmobiledeveloperexperience.
- Build mobile telemetry components and systems to enable data driven decision making and to ease troubleshooting.
- Ensuremobile applicationscan be rapidly and safely delivered to ourcustomers throughrobust release tooling and processes.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers and designers across the company.
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing on iOS
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver mobile applications at scale
- Eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- Platform experience building components that enable fellow developers is a huge plus
- Strong systems engineering background is a plus
We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our San Francisco office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
Come join us, and have an impact building out an application that millions of users depend on every day.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top