Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2017)
- On the product engineering team, you’ll build delightful full-stack user experiences that solve real customer needs and drive tons of $$ for Dropbox - across backend, api, desktop, mobile and web.
- On the infrastructure engineering team, you’ll craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- As an analytics engineer, you’ll measure, optimize and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive meanings from vast amounts of data. Our analytics platform processes more data than many other analytics companies combined.
- Mobile engineers are Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++ wizards - they know the ins and outs of the iOS and Android SDK and can weave and bend the API’s to their will to craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices. They also build the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Web engineers are responsible for our website - dropbox.com and paper.dropbox.com. They do everything product engineers do but they’re also deeply interested in building a fast, scalable and responsive Dropbox experience for the modern web, using cutting-edge tools like Typescript, React and Redux.
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) live dangerously on the boundary of software and hardware - they have a deep understanding of the internals of our products, but they’re also interested in ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers. They build the software and automation that controls the hardware that runs our products, and they’re the first line of defense when there’s something wrong with our production infrastructure or services.
- People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to secure our products and poke holes them. Security engineering encompasses consulting with product teams to secure the software we build and securing our production infrastructure, our website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate IT infrastructure and devices. Security engineers are software engineers with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. An interest in the shadowy computer underworld is a definite plus!
- Computer Science (or similar) students that are currently pursuing an Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D.
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Please note that candidates who require a J-1 visa must also eligible for an alternative visa option when they eventually will be taking a full-time role. Alternative visa options are limited to TN visas (Canadian and Mexican citizens), E-3 visas (Australian citizens), or H-1B1 visas (Singaporean and Chilean citizens). An H-1B is not a viable visa alternative for consideration in this role. If you are not eligible for any of the alternative visas listed for full-time roles, we will not be able to move forward in the interview process
Below please include a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox may communicate effectively with you.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top