Software Engineer - Infrastructure
The Dropbox Infrastructure Engineering team is passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, relentlessly focus on impact, and create an enduring culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship reliable code that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find high petabyte-to-engineer and Gbps-to-engineer ratios here. We're aggressive about shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
Dropbox Seattle is a small but rapidly expanding engineering office currently working across Infrastructure, Android, desktop, payments, and photos. Join our founding team and help us shape the future!
- Build storage and caching infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections.
- Scale traffic infrastructure (network layers 4-7) to connect Dropbox's worldwide base with low latency and high security.
- Continuously make Dropbox faster by building instrumentation and profiling tools, analyzing performance, and making full-stack optimizations.
- We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our Seattle office, and you have industry experience building and owning mission-critical distributed systems, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top