Software Engineer Full Stack- Abuse Prevention
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Your role and impact
Dropbox is frequently targeted by hacker groups who find creative ways to abuse Dropbox and harm our users and our brand. The Abuse Prevention team is responsible for building systems to detect and stop any malicious activity against the product, such as account compromise, malware, spam, phishing etc.
We’re searching for a strong software engineer, who is interested in security and also passionate about building great internal tools and user interfaces.
The person will be a key member of the team investigating and stopping attacks against Dropbox. Your responsibilities will include:
- Build internal tools that will help the team investigate and stop malicious activity on our platform
- Design and build user interfaces for user-facing security features
- Investigate hacker attacks against Dropbox users
- Coordinate abuse prevention work with other engineering teams
As a member of the team, you will become a part of the security community and will interact with security teams at other leading tech companies. You will get exposure to real-world hacker groups targeting Dropbox and other Internet services
- You will build infrastructure to detect and stop attack activity in real-time
- You will analyze product usage and build algorithms to detect malicious activity
- You will work closely with the product teams to harden product features against the attacks
- You will advise engineers and teams on security issues; you’ll be involved with every aspect of engineering here at Dropbox!
- You've earned a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have a strong interest in security and attack detection
- You are independent and comfortable working in a quick environment
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top