Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
DocSend, a Dropbox company, is shaping the future of how businesses put documents to work. Our 24,000 customers rely on us to send documents or folders with a single link, track who's interacting with those documents, and get key contracts and NDAs signed. From founders to sales teams, we power the most important documents while delivering unparalleled security and control.
As a Software Engineer with a DevOps focus on the DocSend Platform team, you will play a key role in enabling our Engineering org's rapid growth as a whole. We own DocSend infrastructure, drive automating internal tooling and processes, and work with Dropbox teams to leverage their infrastructure when beneficial.
Our team highly values ownership, customer focus, and continuous improvement - you'll thrive in our team if you enjoy having the opportunity to innovate and make a large, immediate impact on other engineers' lives. Technologies we work with include Ruby, CircleCI, Redis, AWS, Elasticsearch, and our Ruby on Rails web app on Heroku, but we are always open to evaluating and using new technologies.
- Take ownership of features end-to-end
- Research, architect, implement, and help drive innovative solutions
- Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
- Act as a mentor throughout the software development process
- Partner and collaborate with other functions and teams across both Dropbox and DocSend
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply! It's impossible for one person to check every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team!
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of shipping impactful features, end-to-end
- Experience or interest in DevOps, CI/CD, observability, telemetry
- Bonus: Ruby experience
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)