Software Engineer - Desktop Platform
The desktop client is at the heart of the Dropbox experience. Our team is responsible for the application that runs on the desktop platforms. We make sure the desktop app is secure, robust, delightful, and seamlessly integrated with the operating system. We are working on exciting new features for better sharing and collaboration, improved performance, and a great native experience.
- Build cross-platform desktop client features and infrastructure
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems at the heart of Dropbox sync
- Create new ideas with our Product and Design teams to continuously improve on the experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac and Windows
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploaders and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Ability to evaluate new and existing technologies and make recommendations for application improvements
- Eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- Enthusiasm for creating features and infrastructure on all desktop operating systems
- Expertise Windows or OS X platforms with knowledge of system internals is a huge plus
We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our Seattle office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
Come join us, and have an impact building out an application that millions of users depend on every day.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top