Software Engineer - Desktop Platform
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We are responsible for the Dropbox apps for Windows and Mac. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
The desktop client is at the heart of the Dropbox experience. Our team is responsible for the application that runs on the desktop platforms. We make sure the desktop app is secure, robust, delightful, and seamlessly integrated with the operating system. We are working on exciting new features for better sharing and collaboration, improved performance, and a great native experience.
- Build cross-platform desktop client features and infrastructure
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems at the heart of Dropbox sync
- Create new ideas with our Product and Design teams to continuously improve on the experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac and Windows
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploaders and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Ability to evaluate new and existing technologies and make recommendations for application improvements
- Eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- Enthusiasm for creating features and infrastructure on all desktop operating systems
- Expertise Windows or OS X platforms with knowledge of system internals is a huge plus
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top