Software Engineer - Desktop Platform
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there's a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The desktop client is at the heart of the Dropbox experience. Our team is responsible for the application that runs on the desktop platforms. We make sure the desktop app is secure, robust, delightful, and seamlessly integrated with the operating system. We are working on exciting new features for better sharing and collaboration, improved performance, and a great native experience.
- Build cross-platform desktop client features and infrastructure
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems at the heart of Dropbox sync
- Create new ideas with our Product and Design teams to continuously improve on the experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac and Windows
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploaders and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
- 3+ years of work related industry experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Ability to evaluate new and existing technologies and make recommendations for application improvements
- Eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- Enthusiasm for creating features and infrastructure on all desktop operating systems
- Expertise in Windows or OS X platforms with knowledge of system internals is a huge plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top