Software Engineer - Analytics
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Our Analytics team is seeking engineers to reshape the way humans interact with their data. The ideal candidate should delight in shipping high-quality production code that is efficient, modular, and reliable.
- Build the future. We're developing user interfaces and query systems that make hundreds of petabytes of data seamlessly accessible to ordinary users.
- Become legendary. Use data and design to inspire millions and recruit a new generation of inquisitive, metrics-driven Dropboxers.
- Build with users, not for users. Know the responsibilities, goals, pain points, workflows, and datasets of every team at Dropbox.
- Understand (but never accept) the limitations of existing infrastructure. Venture to any level of abstraction and challenge any interface if it results in a better product.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- A strong portfolio and a track record of building intuitive, maintainable, and highly interactive applications or production-quality big data infrastructure
- Proficiency with modern web technologies (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, D3, AngularJS) or cutting-edge data infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc)
- Experienced with data visualization and/or business intelligence [is a plus]
- Experience with compilers and/or the creation of domain-specific languages [is a plus]
- A well-developed sense of visual, application, and/or product design [is a plus]
- Teaching experience and/or strong written and presentation skills [is a plus]
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Head, Digital Demand Generation
Giancarlo manages Dropbox's digital demand generation efforts. He and his team work to increase Dropbox's brand awareness and deliver a pleasant user experience through marketing.
Back to top