Software Engineer — Accessibility
Our engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Do you want to help us make products like Dropbox and Paper accessible? You'll join our web platform team as an accessibility engineer: we're looking for someone who has a real passion for accessibility and shares our belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable – and that all of our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
If you want to be an integral part of making Dropbox accessible to the world, let’s talk!
- Make Dropbox web UIs accessible to all users
- Engineer the libraries, frameworks, and internal tools that power our front-end stack
- Work cross-functionally across design and engineering to improve the product experience
- Advise and empower engineering teams to build web UIs according to accessibility best practices and guidelines
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Great engineering skills, including a deep understanding of JS, HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of web accessibility standards, specifically WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines, and when to use and not use ARIA
- Experience testing and debugging accessible UIs with automated tools and assistive technology such as JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- A desire to build and improve reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Motivation and interest in educating others
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top