Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is looking for software engineers to come build the next generation of work collaboration tools. The software engineer role is a generalist role, accepting people with a broad range of expertise with an emphasis in backend and distributed systems work. You can find more specialized engineering roles including mobile, web, and fullstack on our engineering jobs page.
Software engineers work at all levels of the stack to deliver software - everything from syncing exabytes of data, to staying in flow with Dropbox Paper, to handling millions of HTTP requests. Software Engineers are at the heart of everything we do at Dropbox, and in a typical week you'll be expected to develop new features in a multi-functional team of designers, product managers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers. Software engineers are also responsible for the quality of the code and systems they produce, working hand-in-hand with customer experience and quality assurance Dropboxers to ensure that our product continues to serve the needs of our tens of millions of users.
If you are a new grad or intern please apply directly to that role.
- You will partner with product managers, designers, and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users in Python, React, and Go
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of work related industry experience
- A desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top