Site Reliability Engineer - Location Flexible - Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If "Location Flexible" is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business. Some roles (including those which do not have "Location Flexible" in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Site Reliability Engineers are mission-critical for Dropbox success. SREs have major impact across Dropbox engineering through optimizing web services, building our in-house multi-exabyte storage system (Magic Pocket), and in a host of other areas. Check out the Dropbox Tech Blog to learn more.
SREs at Dropbox are hybrid systems and software engineers integral to designing and managing our large scale infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure software. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, exabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will design the systems and processes that Dropbox engineers use to manage and deploy their software in production
- You are expected to bring a voice to the table throughout the full software development lifecycle, and partner effectively with the rest of engineering, working together to come up with solutions that meet the needs of the business efficiently
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software development
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.
Back to top