Site Reliability Engineer
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our Engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
Your role and impact
Come help us build a bigger and better Dropbox as a Site Reliability Engineer. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will automate the server provisioning process to reduce the labor of our networking engineering and datacenter operations teams. Once we plug a new server in, it walks itself through all aspects of provisioning to join the fleet without any human involvement
- You will build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will drive the company through “Disaster Recovery Tests”, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test Dropbox’s overall resiliency to failures
- You will design the system and processes that Dropbox engineers use to deploy their software into production
- You will build an auto-remediation system to automatically resolve production incidents before passing them to on-call engineers
- You have a desire to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together
- You want to learn and grow with the company. We want people who know that one size does not fit all. You should bring your skills and expertise to invent unusual solutions for the problems that Dropbox is facing
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, Latin@s, Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top