Site Reliability Engineer
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Site Reliability Engineers are mission-critical for Dropbox success. The SRE team has major impact inside of Dropbox engineering through optimizing web services and building our in-house multi-exabyte storage system, Magic Pocket. Check out the Dropbox Tech Blog to learn more!
The Site Reliability Team consists of hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for management of large scale infrastructure while improving reliability and automation. SREs are integrated within the infrastructure team, and we're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it. You will be part of a small family within Dropbox that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will build scalable infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will design the systems and processes that Dropbox engineers use to manage and deploy their software into production
- You will automate the server provisioning process to reduce the labor of our networking engineering and datacenter operations teams. Once we plug a new server in, it walks itself through all aspects of provisioning to join the fleet without any human involvement
- You are expected to bring a voice to the table and partner 100% with the rest of engineering, working together to come up with solutions that meet the needs of the business
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software development
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top