ServiceNow Senior Engineer
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
ITS delivers business technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We aspire to be the connective tissue to the core business of Dropbox as a partner of choice that accelerates and simplifies outcomes. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
The goal of the ServiceNow Senior Engineer is to build, help test, and maintain a strategic enterprise service management platform that includes incident management, request management, hardware/software asset management, and change management.
The Senior Engineer will own the development tasks of the solution based on integration of ServiceNow with other existing company platforms. The Senior Engineer must align with the Enterprise Architects, functional leads, and business partners for technical designs and technical implementation to ensure use cases are met in the most effective manner for the underlying ServiceNow platform. The deliverables are expected to meet high quality standards.
The ideal candidate will understand configuration management principles. They will perform the necessary tasks to design and develop configurations and customizations for component discovery. A successful candidate will be proficient in communication with various devices to collect configuration information. Additionally, the candidate must be able to work both independently as well as be a collaborative member of the project team.
- Develop and modify ServiceNow workflows, forms, lists, business rules, UI components
- Provide configuration and customization including, but not limited to: user interface, workflow administration, reports, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third-party software integrations by applying best practices
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing configuration and workflows to develop strategies for improving or further integrations leveraging ServiceNow
- Develop requirements, craft and execute test plans, administer ServiceNow and serve as tier 2 support
- Identify ServiceNow system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Participate in creating and developing standards, best practices, support guidelines and procedures
- Schedule and verify ServiceNow instance clones
- Partner with integrations subject matter expert to use MID servers, web services, email and other relevant technology to integrate tools with the ServiceNow platform.
- Research new feature enhancements and functionalities from ServiceNow
- Expand and Implement other ServiceNow modules catering the entire ESM spectrum
- Solid team player with a "can do" attitude
- 10+ Years of experience
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ServiceNow configuration & administration
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow platform and PaaS model with relevance to ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, SFTP, and MID server
- Experience with CMDB, Discovery, and integration with other external modules
- Experience with ITOM modules (Orchestration, Service Mapping, Event Management)
- Experience with integration to Work day
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change Management, Incident Management, Knowledge Management, Workflow Management, Orchestration, etc
- Ability to contribute to and lead projects following Agile methodology
- Process and detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to deliver solutions to improve and automate complex and/or critical business processes
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams, acute attention to detail and quality, and driven with the ability to self-manage.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary
- Ability to multi-task across project/initiatives and deliver according to time commitments
- Past training and certifications are preferred
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top