Senior UX Writer
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We're looking for an experienced writer to help us build and launch new products and features. You'll be joining our New York-based design team, owning content strategy and in-product writing for tools that help creative people do amazing work and share it with the world.
- At least 7 years of professional writing experience
- At least 2 years of in-product writing experience (UI, notifications, error messages, tooltips, etc.)
- A portfolio of UX Writing work submitted with your application
- A gifted generalist who can craft everything from broad content strategy to concise button copy
- Someone who can work within existing language systems, but who also knows how to evolve them
- A quick, iterative writer who can partner with Design Research to understand our users and speak to their needs
- An extraordinary communicator, in-person and over VC
- Great cross-functional collaborator-able to give and get feedback from Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Marketers
- Someone who loves explaining writing decisions and sharing standard methodologies with non-writers
- Someone with a real passion for defining new processes and shaping new products
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401K + company match
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
- Passionate about punctuation and partial to puns(affectionfor alliteration is optional)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top