Senior Software Engineer
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The heart of Dropbox is engineering; the heart of our engineering team is our Senior Engineers, who set the tone and pace of engineering at Dropbox. Senior Engineers work at a cross-team or cross-engineering scope, driving impact felt by hundreds of Dropboxers and millions of customers. You can find them contributing in a multitude of ways, from architecting great systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
Dropbox is a unique opportunity to work with elite engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact.
By applying into this position you will be considered for roles in the following organizations: Product Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering
Positions are open within the following areas: OS X, Windows, Web, iOS, Android, Distributed Systems, Databases, Networking, Security, Storage, Machine Learning, Data Infrastructure, Build and Release Tooling
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set direction for the team, help guide engineering vision, architect important systems, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You'll write code. We expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You'll mentor engineers, both junior and senior.
- You'll own relationships with other engineering teams and other functions within Dropbox
- 9+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
- You have strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- You possess an ability to set technical or cultural standards for engineers building well together
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top