Senior Software Engineer
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
We've developed a set of values that enables us to do this. Specifically, we write phenomenal software, sweat the details, focus on impact, and create a harmonious culture. Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're all about shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
At Dropbox's office in Israel, we're a small team of talented engineers, building innovative solutions that revolutionize how businesses of all sizes manage their everyday work! In addition to making an impact on our products and hundreds of millions of users, you'll partake in the cultural foundation of Dropbox's growing presence in Israel.
- You will work with core infrastructural functions and pursue tough engineering and product problems
- You will communicate and work with our design and product teams
- You will create new ideas and work multi-functionally with Dropbox teams to evaluate the relative importance of, and need for, product initiatives
- You will create new ideas with our design teams to continually improve the Dropbox experience
- You will take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- 10+ years of work related industry experience.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Extensive hands on experience coding, testing, and code reviewing
- Significant and diverse experience with data stores includingscale, availability, performance, and consistency
- Profound understanding of complex backend architectures
- Positive attitude towards people, a passion for inventive solutions, and ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users
Back to top