Senior Product Marketing Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We're responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
Dropbox is used by over half a billion people around the world, helping them be productive in their work and personal lives. Product Marketing Managers (PMM's) are responsible for driving awareness, understanding and growth of Dropbox across key markets & audiences. Partnering with product, communications, sales, engineering and other teams across Dropbox, PMM's support product strategy, lead product positioning, develop the go-to-market strategy and lead the execution of campaigns to drive our business forward. For PMM's at Dropbox, great customer-centric storytelling is at the heart of what we do.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager for our Competitive Intelligence Team will lead the planning and execution of programs to drive differentiation and growth of Dropbox Business in key markets. They will partner with product teams to ensure that we build highly differentiated products & partner with sales teams to ensure that our message is understood in the marketplace. This role will involve staying close to our customers, understand the competitive pulse in the marketplace & working closely with our sales teams so that they are able to tell our story.
- Partner with our Market Research team to perform competitive research, both qualitative and quantitative to better understand our competitive landscape
- Craft insight & analysis to assess current & emerging competitive trends
- Lead the Dropbox compete strategy across product, marketing & sales investments
- Develop high-reaching messaging & positioning for Dropbox
- Work with our Sales Productivity team to develop sales tools & deliver compelling competitive enablement for our sales teams
- Attend key competitor & industry events and report on meaningful content or announcements
- Support our sales teams on key customer engagements
- 8+ years of product marketing, competitive intelligence, sales enablement, solutions architect or sales engineering/consulting (or other technical) experience
- Experience working with or directly for the sales organization and/or selling to businesses at a major cloud or software vendor is preferred
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration abilities, ability to lead with influence, and experience partnering closely with product, comms, and sales teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- Self-starter with ability to build programs from scratch: Must have a positive attitude and willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Experience at a SaaS company is preferred but not required
- Bonus if you have an MBA, but it's not required
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top