Senior Product Manager - Developer Ecosystem
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
You will lead a team to drive our open Ecosystem strategy and get developers and users adopted onto the platform. In this role you'll need to understand challenges and needs developers have in order to the build the correct tooling and monitoring for them. A crucial function of this role will be to help developers understand the benefits of building on the Dropbox platform and educate them on how to use the Dropbox APIs. In the end, you will help developers succeed by getting their apps discovered and adopted.
- You will work closely with sales, marketing, enterprise customers and technology partners to deeply understand, document, analyze and synthesize partner & customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- You will collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- You will manage complex, cross-functional projects across engineering and go-to-market to deliver successful, integrated solutions to developers and customers
- You will build strong relationships with partner teams to collaborate on experiences that benefit both Dropbox and developers
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager, Software Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Deep understanding and empathy for developers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience as a developer or has worked directly with developers
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top