Senior Product Manager - Application Platform
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
As Senior Product Manager on the Application Platform PM team, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major initiatives across our Mobile, Web and Desktop platforms. The Application Platform team is responsible for the application and UI frameworks that every Dropbox developer uses to build incredible experiences. As such, your work is highly leveraged and has the potential to impact the speed of Dropbox product development and the quality of end-user experiences.
You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for the mobile, web and desktop platforms. Your work will range from low-level abstractions to make development easier, release processes and gating to empower product teams to experiment, to advanced binary installers and updaters. You'll be working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers, engineers and designers from across teams and functions.
- You will drive Dropbox's long term platform strategy on Desktop, Web and Mobile, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- You will lead the cross-functional teams across Desktop, Web and Mobile Platform - in close partnership with Platform engineering to drive tradeoffs given product and business exigencies
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Product Engineering, Customer Support, and Sales to deeply understand and address platform needs
- You will be a champion of Dropbox's Desktop, Web and Mobile users, especially in areas where platform decisions can have material user impact
- You will partner with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team's work with the world
- Proven experience building great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, tradeoffs and timelines
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Launched successful products, preferably on desktop platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux) or mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to craft clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Constance D.Software Engineer
Constance builds Dropbox’s channel platform for reseller partners, which enables Dropbox to expand to users and businesses in new regions. She has also contributed to several monetization platform launches, including chargeback automation and Dropbox Education.
Back to top