Senior Product Expert Customer Experience
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our mission in Dropbox is to simplify the way people work together. With a user base of over 500 million, the Customer Experience team simplifies how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on understanding the customer journey as well as where we can simplify interactions and improve the Customer Experience.
As part of the Customer Experience (CX) organization, the Product Expert (PX) team is responsible for developing and utilizing their product knowledge and expertise to deliver an extraordinary support experience for all our customers. Our primary goal is acting as a technical consultancy for the customer and the CX organization. We achieve this by collaborating closely with our Engineering, Product and Design teams to advocate on behalf our customers. We ensure the successful launch of all products, features, and changes across multiple customer segments, locales, and populations, including tracking relevant feedback and modifying existing support patterns, tools and workflows to accommodate new dependencies and support requirements.
In this role, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to advocate for our top customer pain points, influence the product roadmap, and ensure successful product launches for our customers.
This role will also explore new and exciting ways to improve the support experience to ensure that support is best-in-class, both by running experiments and by ensuring that support agents are well-resourced to successfully support our customers.
- You will act as a product function owner within Customer Experience
- You will stay up-to-date on all new features, and be fully aware of the product roadmap and product sprint cycles
- You will be responsible for driving operational excellence by improving support processes and removing issues at source for all aspects of a given product area
- You will handle product inquiries and significant customer escalations
- You will be required to file bugs and work with the Product team to gather information about outages and emergencies
- You will need to explore data to find actionable insights and make user-centric product and support experience recommendations
- You will responsible for collaborating with product, design and engineering teams to ship new, impactful features by writing up support specs, setting up support tooling requirements, and coordinating support readiness
- You will build trusted cross-functional relationships across Product, Engineering, Design, and CX in order to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- You have 6+ years of experience working with and influencing SaaS product & engineering teams to meet customer and business needs
- 10+ years of work experience, tech industry preferred
- You have a proven history learning and adapting to new technologies
- You have a detailed technical knowledge of various desktop Operating Systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc), web browsers, mobile devices, and basic network communication standards
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have proven experience influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders
- You're a critical thinker: you're thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- You're a self-starter: you drive projects with minimal mentorship and focus on high impact work
- You're comfortable working with quantitative data and can gather insights and identify trends
- You're comfortable occasionally reading code and running simple scripts
- Experience working with databases, analytics platforms and performing basic SQL queries
- You show real passion for Dropbox and the collaboration technology space
- Technical expertise with Single Sign-on and related technologies (SAML, ADFS, Okta, etc...) would be a significant plus
- Technical experience with mobile application development and management (Andriod, iOS) would be a significant plus
- Technical experience working with large scale customer account management systems would be a significant plus
Back to top