Senior Privacy Manager
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Security teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
Protecting Dropbox and our users is essential to being worthy of trust. We're looking for a Senior Privacy manager to join our Privacy team. The privacy manager will build and lead a team of privacy specialists who will work in depth with other parts of the business to ensure Dropbox meets our privacy and data protection obligations.
In this role, you will work closely with counterparts in Product Engineering, IT, Security, Product & Privacy Counsel, and Customer Experience to help us run and maintain the privacy of our users' data. You will lead the operation and management of our privacy program's internal controls, including those around privacy impact assessments (PIAs), data mapping, data retention and disposal, and much more. Finally, you will be involved in our team's risk assessments and compliance audits to help demonstrate to our users how Dropbox is worthy of trust.
The Senior Privacy Manager role operates and executes key components of the Dropbox Privacy Program. Core responsibilities include:
- Engaging with teams across Dropbox to understand the privacy risks of products and business processes
- Mapping privacy requirements onto engineering reality
- Establishing processes for vendors and suppliers to be assessed against our privacy controls
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to operate, validate, and remediate privacy controls, such as data flow mappings and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Tracking internal controls and promoting privacy best practices for customer, employee, partner, and vendor personal information
- Helping to respond to regulatory audits, investigations, or inquiries
- 10+ years of experience in a privacy, security, audit, or IT experience
- 4+ years of experience directly in a privacy or data protection-related role
- Thorough and comprehensive working knowledge of global privacy regulations, standards, and frameworks
- Proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements into actionable internal controls
- Possesses a high degree of comfort interacting and consulting with both lawyers and engineers
- Understanding and willingness to learn about diverse business functions
- Real passion for technology and desire to pursue complex problems with creative solutions
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in dynamic team environment
- Process-focused with a consistent record of building processes that scale
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top