Senior Manager Technical Accounting
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As the Senior Manager Technical Accounting at Dropbox, you will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting & Reporting team and will serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for Dropbox to provide dedicated accounting insights to management.You will lead the Technical Accounting process and will be a catalyst in the SEC Reporting process by drafting disclosures and assisting in the review of complex or judgmental areas. You will also play and integral part in helping support the other accounting teams in drafting and reviewing of new accounting policies including helping to maintain existing ones.
- Serve as a technical accounting resource for ad hoc questions and initiatives
- Assist accounting team members to review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting mentorship, recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions, including but not limited to the areas of revenue recognition, business combinations, equity, leasing, income tax, and hedging
- Prepare or review technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors
- Conduct financial due diligence of M&A transactions, as needed
- Understand and provide interpretation of new accounting pronouncements in order to assist management in evaluating financial and operational impact
- Support the SEC Reporting process to ensure proper implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures and statement of cash flows
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Support various accounting teams with the drafting and review of any new accounting policies or updates of existing policies
- Preparation for Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- CPA with 7+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in public accounting working across a variety of clients (SaaS experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP including in-depth experience across multiples financial statement areas including revenue recognition, business combinations, leasing, hedging, and equity matters with a strong ability to solve problems with complex transactions
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external business partners
- Execution focused with an ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work on time
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top