Senior Legal Counsel - Employment
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Security teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Senior Legal Counsel - Employment at Dropbox, you'll be executing on a broad range of responsibilities counseling the company on a variety of sensitive issues. We're looking for someone to balance pragmatism and careful risk assessment in order to make an immediate impact with shrewd judgment and effective counseling to get things done. If you're a person with perceptive instincts who loves a challenging, team-focused and fast environment, then we believe this is the place for you.
- Provide counsel on employee relations and compliance with employment laws to People Team professionals and business leaders located throughout the US and in EMEA and APAC.
- Advise on the creation and implementation of premier employee programs and policies
- Draft, review, and advise on all types of employee agreements
- Train People Team and business leads on compliance with laws and internal policies
- Lead internal investigations on employment law issues
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant laws and share that knowledge across various teams
- You have 7+ years experience, with at least some in-house legal experience in a relevant setting
- You have experience with major federal and California employment laws such as Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FLSA and state equivalents, as well as policy development in support of those laws
- Some experience advising on employment matters under non-US employment laws, including in EMEA and APAC jurisdictions.
- You're able to represent employers in proceedings before administrative agencies and courts
- You're comfortable navigating complicated, sensitive, and nuanced issues
- You've got a high degree of integrity, strong ethics, and an unflappable demeanor
- You have a JD, are admitted to the Bar, and have a distinctive academic record
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top