Senior Data Security Analyst
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our security engineering team helps keep our users and their stuff safe. We protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
Protecting the data of Dropbox and our users is essential to maintaining the trust of our users. We're looking for a Senior Data Security analyst to join the Data Security team within the security engineering organization. This is an individual contributor role that will work across the company to help protect the data of Dropbox and our users. You will work to create data security policies, define roles and permissions, approve and audit access to sensitive data, and remediate any deviations from policy. You will help create a data security architecture that includes all corporate systems and use your technical background to extend visibility to those systems. You will work with our Legal, People, and Physical Security teams to support internal investigations. Finally, you will support or manage internal data security projects to help mature the data security program at Dropbox.
- Continuously improve our data security detection and audit capabilities across all business systems
- Write queries and scripts to pull data from internal systems, analytics tools and databases in an effort to scope security projects
- Create rational policies for access to sensitive data and tools
- Work with our engineering partner teams to build and manage data security tools
- Identify gaps in our data security posture and scope and manage projects to close those gaps
- Support internal data security investigations
- 8+ years of data security, audit, or IT experience
- Strong experience writing analytics queries and working within analytics tools
- Proven experience managing and working with log analysis and data loss prevention tools at scale
- Experience auditing business tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, Workday, and homegrown databases
- Strong ability to code in python, write regex statements, and work with source code management systems within the past 4 years
- Experience building role-based permission models in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive results across engineering and non-engineering teams
- Strong track record of creating processes that scale
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics
Back to top