Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We're looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn't it be great if our working environment-and the tools we use-were designed with people's actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent-if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you'll join us on the journey.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our strategy starts with our mission: how do we build the right set of products that can help our customers work in a more enlightened way? If the first big problem Dropbox solved was getting your files in the cloud, the new problem we're solving is helping you organize your life.
As we're evolving the core business from syncing and sharing files, we are looking for Software Engineers to come build the next generation of new products for collaboration and distributed work. Product Engineers thrive working across technologies and codebases, but are also involved in leading various product development cycle stages. Along the way they are expected to fully represent the users needs through close partnership with product, design, and user research.
In this role you will build best-in-breed software by architecting and delivering scalable systems that power optimized user experiences like Dropbox Paper, Transfer, or Family. As a Product Engineer, you will support data-driven approaches to conduct experiments or iterate features, while ensuring that the software we write will last and scale. You advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company - you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web and/or desktop
- You can handle full-stack projects and are able to build a minimum working product quickly
Many teams at Dropbox run Services with on-call rotations, which entails being available for calls during both core and non-core business hours. If a team has an on-call rotation, all engineers on the team are expected to participate in the rotation as part of their employment. Applicants are encouraged to ask for more details of the rotations to which the applicant is applying.
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what's expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox's total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
C$165,800 - C$195,000 - C$224,300
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).