Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox's Application Security team partners with engineering and product teams to ship awesome products securely and agilely. Application security engineers drive security impact on all Dropbox product initiatives by championing security principles during the software development lifecycle and by building scalable, cleverly engineered 'paved roads' which give strong security assurances by default. In this role, you will own whole domains of high-impact engineering work, working cross-functionally to see them through from concept to completion.
- Act as a subject matter expert on information security and partner with business units to identify, measure, report and address security and privacy risks
- Work closely with product managers and product engineering teams to prioritize roadmap initiatives and to enable shipping awesome products with cutting-edge security solutions
- Operate and improve Secure Development Lifecycle that measurably monitors and controls security risks across products
- Design and implement automation to enable security operation at scale
- Conduct security consultations on new and existing products and perform code reviews to proactively identify potential vulnerabilities
- Empower secure-by-default development by shipping cleverly engineered, scalable application security mechanisms that address classes of vulnerabilities at scale
- 5+ years experience in application security engineering
- Strong communication skills, relationship building skills, and fast learning
- Experience in building and scaling secure development lifecycle
- Significant proficiency in architecting and building application security on modern tech stacks across multiple platforms (web, mobile, desktop)
- Strong software development skills, ideally with Python, Golang, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with pentesting and threat modeling
- Experience partnering with cross-functional engineering and product team
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)